Monday, October 24, 2011

Mad Men: Channeling your inner Joan Holloway

It's no secret that I am a huge fan of Mad Men.  In a world full of trashy reality TV shows its hard to find good quality televison.  I happen to find this show incredibly engaging for a few different reasons.  First because I have always loved fashion from the of 1950's.  I love high waisted skirts, simple pumps, and big curly hair.  Second, I find the traditional roles of the men and women back then really interesting. I am a very independent married women, paving my way as an entrepreneur so to see women playing the role of house wife and homemaker is so different than the life I live.  I could not imagine living that life, but I do find it really intriguing to watch.  In honor of the ever so sexy Joan Holloway I have picked out some easily accessible items so you too can capture the 1950's pin up girl!




Shift Dress Miss Selfridge 
Sparkle Black Trim Pump by Miss Selfridge


Dirty Dolls Bra $55 Tap Pant $34 all available at Briana Rene 

No comments:

Post a Comment