Friday, July 23, 2010

Loving Spain..

Clearly I have traveling on the brain. Well it's always on the brain but sometimes I am too caught up in my daily work to really think about it. Last night I was flipping through the pages of the August Harper's Bazaar and I was pleasantly surprised to see this photo shoot with one of my favorite models Jessica Stam in one of my favorite cities in Spain, Seville.
I studied abroad in Granada, Spain back in 2003 and it was an incredible experience. There is nothing quite like moving to a foreign country, not knowing a single person, and barely speaking the language. While it can be a little uneasy at times I found the whole experience to be exhilarating! It was a blank canvas just waiting to be painted on.
I met some of the most amazing people on that trip. I am still close with five of the girls I met while I was there and although we live all over the US they all made it out for my wedding two years ago. It was the much anticipated reunion we had always dreamed of.
For those of you who are thinking about studying abroad I highly recommend it. It is a chance of a life time to grow as a person. You will learn so much about yourself and you will have the opportunity to meet people from all over the world. It truly was one of the greatest experiences of my life and I wish I could do it over and over again! I guess that's why I continue to travel as much as I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment