Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Dad making the most unique shelves!

I've spent quite a lot of time looking at different materials to make the shelves out of for the store. I didn't just want boring shelving; I wanted something with some character. My dad and I took a few trips out to Irvine to the Industrial Metal Supply store and I was overwhelmed with the choices. It's an entire warehouse full of the most amazing products. Here are some pictures of the almost finished product.



After welding all the metal pieces together, he cut and sanded all the wood for it.



First layer of varnish.

That looks messy.

Dad was nice enough to let me test out several different colors for the store walls on his garage. After testing four of them I am still not sold on any of them. Looks like another trip to Home Depot is in order!



No comments:

Post a Comment